Friday, October 2, 2009

Last Few Months of Concerts - Bon Jovi thought

Over the last six months, I have been to numerous concerts, but I have been so busy that I have not had the chance to blog them. I don't always share the personal side of my concert experiences because they are just that .. PERSONAL ..and I am a good keeper of confidences. But,I do share some stuff and of course I share my thoughts, because this is my little corner of the world. :) If you read my blog on a regular basis or you know me, you can pretty much surmise concerts I have attended as there are a handful of artists that I will venture a distance to see and support. I traveled to see Bucky Covington about three times, Jason Michael Carroll twice, Jimmy Wayne twice, and Billy Ray Cyrus once. Each time I not only was able to hear great music, but I was able to meet up with old friends and hang out with the girls. Last month, I traveled to New Jersey to see Rascal Flatts and Darius Rucker in concert for the first time. My friend Phyllis and I drove through the Friday NY/NJ traffic in the pouring rain to get to the venue only to find out that the venue was an amphitheatre -- half in and half outdoors. (Can you guess which part we were in? haha right.. the first row outdoors!! So up went the hair into a ponytail and I enjoyed the night. It is my experience that the people that attend a country concert are usually very friendly (much more so than at other concerts I have attended over my many years of attendance). So, even though everyone was in the rain and mud, they were having a great time and so I enjoyed the people and I enjoyed the music. But, I'm writing this blog to share the experience of being at a country music concert in south Joisy (Jersey - for you that are not from the northeast). (Photo from bigcactuscountry.com) The fans were definitely lovers of country music mostly from NJ, Philly, and Delaware because the venue was close to all three states. The notable part was that during the intermission the loudspeaker blared Bon Jovi and the entire group of 20,000 people in unison sang along to Living on a Prayer and Wanted Dead or Alive. If you aren't from Joisy (or the tri-state area) than you might not understand, but South Jersey is the place that calls Jon Bon Jovi their own. So, no matter if you were at a rock concert, a hip-hop concert, or a country concert, I think that that the attendees might react the same. Something happens to a Joisy crowd when their hear music by their boy Jon. (Jon Bon Jovi also has a few country hits as well if you aren't listening to that genre -- who wouldathunkit? ..btw, Sebastian Bach has one too and it's really good). I know I'm going talking too much about Rascal Flatts and Darius Rucker, but they put on a good show -- they are seasoned performers and a large following. I would have preferred being at a concert of one of "my boys", but I enjoyed the night. Random thought--As I've said before, I am saddened by and dislike entitlement--people that think they deserve things because they are better than the rest of the world, so you won't find me supporting any of those types of people. I love people in general, but I am saddened by some behavior. James 4:6 "...Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble."

No comments: