Wednesday, February 18, 2009

American Idol - Danny Gokey, Jason Castro, Bucky Covington

I feel so far behind in my posts because I took some time off. So much has gone on in the last week or so..geez.

First, let me say.. WOOOHOOOO Danny Gokey made it through to the top 12 on American Idol! Let's pray Danny makes it into the top 10! If you get into the top 10, you have better chance at making singing your career with a built-in fanbase. Danny is an ambassador for his King and I believe he would like to use his "celebrity" to help others in need with his non-profit foundation. Service -- the heart of a giver.
Here's a little about Danny and his performance from last night. (unless it gets pulled down)



So, that brings me to my next giver, server -- the person that says that at the end of the day, it's about serving others -- Jason Castro. Well, I have been remiss in sharing (and you probably already know this stuff, but just in case you don't...) that last Friday, American Idol had a Blue Carpet event at Disneyworld in Orlando, Florida. I previously blogged on the new attraction and how a daily winner receives the opportunity of an audition for the AI TV show (in fact, they even get to go to the head of the line!).

Both of "my boys" (I say that affectionately even though they aren't MY boys, I have my own boys which I love dearly, but Bucky and Jason have special spots in my heart too).. so where was I at... both of my boys attended the Disney event, participated in the motorcade, and received a lot of fan support (they sure did get a lot of screams LOL). Both Bucky and Jason were interviewed by various media and I have posted two video interviews for you below.

Jason Castro:


Bucky Covington (Jason in background):


and just a little NOTE TO SIMON COWELL (from his comment this week on American Idol)-- You wanted to know where is Bucky Covington now? Well, Bucky is working hard and showing his appreciation to our troops overseas. Currently, Bucky is in Kosovo and has sent back a few pictures for us. I have spoken to him enough times to know that this trip means something special to him and he will do his best to make every one of our troops have a good time. Bucky can put a smile on anyone's face (even if they've been Botoxed! hahaha) (Thank you Paula Abul for standing up for Bucky!)

From Kosovo (courtesy of Bucky Covington):

Sgt. Jessica Reid (L), Lt. Chasity Fields (2nd L), Sfc. Aritha Berroa (2nd R) and Cpt. Kimberly Truesdale (R). USO Photo by Fred Greaves


Bucky and Rocky Covington performing before the troops in Kosovo:

Bucky Covington (L) and his twin brother, Rocky, perform a song together for troops at Camp Bondsteel. USO Photo by Fred Greaves

Lastly, but not leastly, I do really like Michael Sarver too and have been hoping that he got voted through -- he is a family man that touches my heart. Yeah Michael!

No comments: