Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy Anniversary Jason Castro - his Dreadheads and Bucky Covington and his Buckaneers!

I have prayed for wisdom for a long time and I believe God has given me wisdom in many circumstances (I still need it in others), but I feel that I can pretty much "read between the lines" when I meet people and see or hear things. Something that I look for in a person is their "heart" -- beyond the earthly costume! If someone is humble without the attitude of entitlement or greediness, then to me, they are a special person. I think many of us are that way too, we like to root for the underdog or root for the person that doesn't think they deserve something more than someone else. Humility is a wonderful quality and that being said.. it leads me back to my boys...

Well, it is the three year anniversary of when America was introduced to Bucky Covington on American Idol on Season 5 in 2006 (as Bucky calls it "back in the day"). Bucky was a quiet and shy country boy who since his stint on AI has had many "first" experiences from flying in a plane, going to a real concert, and eating foods he never heard of before. Along the way, Bucky Covington has accummulated very dedicated fans.. supporters.. that saw him for who he was -- a diamond in the rough and who have helped him reach his dream. Bucky is on a roll--Touring, Breaking records, having 3 top ten hits, and living his dream. I am not sure if Bucky realizes it is his 3rd anniversary of his "debut" because he is over in Europe on the USO tour as I previously posted. Congratulations Bucky and your Buckaneers!

And therefore, it is Jason Castro's one year anniversary as well (Season 7). (It was actually Jason Castro's father that made me realize it was his son's year anniversary -- thank you Papa Castro for sharing your family with us). It was this time last year that we first were introduced to the dreadheaded Day Dreaming Boy who stole the hearts of millions by his appearance on our television set without even realizing it. It is also the one year anniversary of the formation of Jason's Dreadheads.

As with Bucky, Jason has diehard fans that are committed to supporting him reach his dreams. All things considered, even though we are all eager for Jason's album to drop immediately, a lot of redtape is involved when doing a project like this. Jason is really on the normal track as far as timing goes. He has been keeping busy and keeping us posted along the way which is very important.

This morning when I got online, I was met with a wonderful Anniversary video from the man himself wishing his fans a Happy One Year Anniversary. I will post it here for those that haven't seen it. I will warn you though, do NOT expect to have some overly produced greeting, be prepared to have the real deal without pomp and circumstance or put-ons. This is one reason why I love both Bucky and Jason, they are not phoneys, have positive attitudes on life, and are hysterically funny and loveable!

So, Happy One Year Anniversary Jason Castro and your Dreadheads!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this. Of course Bucky is my first love but I got to say Jason was my favorite for his season. Thanks for the anniversay gift.

Unknown said...

Oh how i remember both days so well. Bucky was my favorite that season and when he had made it to the top 10 that year, I knew I definitely had to go to the concert. And well...we know the whole Jason thing with me LOL