Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Kudos to Bucky Covington! --

Well, I know my blog contains a lot of stuff about Bucky Covington, Jason Castro, and Jason Michael Carroll and some of the artists that I really like, but I just had to share with you and give Kudos to Bucky for a great accomplishment. YOU GO BOY!

The news came out this week, but I wanted to share it here as well because I am "so proud" and "so happy" that Bucky has gotten his recognition (and it brings back thoughts of when Simon Cowell said that he "doesn't see Bucky ever being the headling act"). According to Nielsen SoundScan, sales of Bucky's 2007 debut CD have reached 400,000. (WOOHOO!) That makes Bucky the selling country artist who debuted in 2007. Jason Michael Carroll was number one for a period, but Bucky has passed him along the way.

Both guys are definitely worth you going out and buying the music (the first CD and the second, and so on and so on). Both guys are also working on their sophomore CD's and, from what I have already heard, they both include great songs on the albums. (If you haven't taken a listen because you don't like country/southern rock, please do, I think you will be surprised on what you hear). Bucky and Jason Michael both give wonderful live performances as well.



-------------------------------
"Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands." Psalm 100:1

No comments: