Monday, April 20, 2009

Joe Nichols - Believers song, video, and request

I first saw Joe Nichols in concert when I went to one of Bucky Covington's concerts. If you know who Joe is, you know he has endured some tough times in the last few years.

I also saw Joe's performance at the Opry the night Bucky Covington was on the Opry. It took Joe a lot of strength to sing through because he was extremely choked up with emotion and battling tears that you could see the lump in his throat and the tension in his face. It touched my heart so to know he was raw and honest.

Sometime after Lorianne Crook interviewed Joe after his stint at rehab. The man was honest, funny, and cute.

I heard Joe respond to an interviewer's question about where he had been and Joe answered by saying something like "I was on a vacation to get closer to God" (at least that is the way I heard it). Joe also said that he was going to try keep his priorities in place and we know that we all have to struggle with that at time.

Joe now seems to always be smiling and trying to get people to have a chuckle. Life seems to be good. I give him a lot of credit for dealing with his problems straight on and by realizing the Lord is there with open arms and it's okay to lean on them.

In 2008, a reporter for the Saginaw News (Sue White) wrote an article about Joe and in voicing his appreciation to his fans during his time of trouble, Joe shared: "It's just been great, more than I can ask for," he said. "But I've always heard that if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. My life hasn't gone exactly how I thought it would, but I can see now that all the hard times, all the struggles, were blessings from God."

So, that being said, Joe has a new song called "Believers".
I found the song on Youtube so I am sharing it here -- if it is available on iTunes, please support Joe and purchase it. You can listen to the song HERE.

Joe also made this video requesting that people make a video to why they are a believer. Take a peek and maybe it will inspire you to make a video response.

No comments: