Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Your Season 8 Top Three American Idol Contenders -- Danny Gokey, Kris Allen, Adam Lambert

Well, I missed last night's American Idol and had to catch up on the performances after I got home. I was able to make it home in time tonight and so I watched the results show live.

I thought that Allison Iraheta might be going home and I was right. The girl definitely has a memorable voice and she is good, but she can't sing all genres -- and shouldn't have to be a success. At this point in the game, they are all winners. Staying on the show all depends on fanbase votes. I think a lot of girls vote for the cute boys they want to win so Allison may not have gotten as many votes for that reason. I also do think it was her time, but she has no worries. She has a future in music.

I am so thrilled Danny Gokey and Kris Allen who made it to the finals -- Brothers in the Lord and hoping they are used by God in their careers and continue to give God the glory. YEAH Danny and Kris!

I've been reading a lot of "garbage" on the internet by people trying to start rumors or diss who they don't like. So ridiculous how people try to discredit the ones they don't like without proof of anything.

As far as Adam Lambert goes, he already is a professional and has been involved with professional projects on TV and in theatre, so he has no problem moving into the biz.
He definitely can sing, but he's not my cup of tea. He seems like a nice guy though and so I wish him well.

It was good to see Chris Daughtry perform again. A little bit of trivia -- he and Bucky Covington were on the same season of AI together and got their tatoos at the same time. Chris actually drew Bucky's tatoo (a music note with a spur). Chris tweets and so he tweeted after her performance which is really kinda cool to hear someone share their thoughts. Chris Daughtry was in a Christian band prior to AI and I believe he loves the Lord. There are certain songs he sings that you know he is singing to God. I also admire him for his commitment to his wife and family.

Paula Abdul and No Doubt (Gwen Stefani) also performed. It was a good show.

No comments: