Sunday, May 3, 2009

David Cook's brother, Adam Cook, has died -- Please Pray for David and His Family


David on left, Adam on right
(photo credit unknown -- it if is yours, please let me know)
(If anyone has an earlier picture of Adam, I would appreciate that one) thank you


To all those out there that are David Cook fans (Cookies), I just got word that Adam Cook has passed away.

A friend of mine is at the Race for Hope event this moment in DC where David shared the sad news with everyone. (thanx Jeanette - read below*) Before writing this blog, I confirmed it and it is true. Adam Cook has died.

A number of us have been praying for Adam and for David during Adam's illness. David and his family need our prayers for comfort and strength now.

I have met David Cook several times and he was truly grateful for all the prayers and support where his brother was concerned. (Jason Castro's Dreadheads joined in to support Adam from the getgo and David told me that he was very thankful to them for doing so as well)

Please pray that David and his family draw close to the Lord for peace.

For those that do not know, David Cook is a recording artist and the Season 7 winner of American Idol.

EDIT: someone posted this video so I am sharing


------------------
* NOTE TO JEANETTE: David's realizing you were there and waving to you probably was very comforting to him at this time.
------------------

On another note, former NFL football player and Senator -- Jack Kemp died yesterday. I will not give you the news on that because it is all over the place, but I ask for prayers for his family for peace and comfort. We will miss Jack -- he was a good man!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to David and family. However you have a photo of David and his younger brother Andrew, not Adam.

Cathy Anne said...

thanx you must have viewed the blog the moment I posted it. I accidently clicked on the wrong picture but immediately changed it.
thank you again.

My heart goes out to David as well.

Cathy Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.