Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bob Mayo - keyboards, guitar - Frampton

I have been so bad in writing my blog this last month.. and so much great stuff has been happening. I guess it's better to live it than sit at the computer LOL

Anyway, I will post some other things today, but something I wanted to write about is that this past week is the anniversary of a very special person Bob Mayo (Bobby to me) of Peter Frampton fame. We lost Bobby suddenly at the end of February 2004.

If you were alive in the 70's or a fan of rock music at all, you may know the album "Frampton Comes Alive" and the infamous line when Peter Frampton introduced Bob Mayo to the world "Bob Mayo on keyboards, Bob Mayo on keyboards" in "Do You Feel Like I Do." Bobby's resume was astounding and if you peek at the credits of many of the albums you may have, you would might just find his name on them.

Bobby was a very special person, so much so that if you met him, he would touch your heart in some way that would be a memory (even before his notoriety).

I remember the day I met Bobby--he stole my heart and for a good while I had his. We all used to hang out down the block from my house at Dolly's Pizzeria. (Hey to Enzo if you're out there. Hope God has blessed you and the family) There were lots of special memories after that including a very special New Year's Eve, the day we went to Alexander's so Bobby and Enzo could buy socks LOL (fun times), the day Bobby got his new convertible 1968 blue Camaro, and when we went to see other bands play or to the Beach Boys concert, and less fun but definitely memorable were the numerous hospital visits after his car accident. (Shush, don't tell, but there were many times we snuck back after visiting hours and stayed hidden from the nurses for hours! LOL and I was a nurse myself). One morning back in 1995, I walked into my office and he was sitting there drinking his coffee. Though I hadn't seen him in a long while I greeted him and said, "Did you get my birthday card?". He laughed and responded "Of course, you always remember." (and I still do).

Bobby remained a friend until he passed away. We had lots of talks about music and Jesus and wrote lots of letters (a letter is what we used to do back in the day before e-mail). Bobby will always be in my heart and he is in my thoughts this week. Thinking of him now always causes me to tear up.

I've posted some videos of him previously or you can visit BOB MAYO or search him on Google or Wikipedia if you're interested.

I'm not posting the pictures I have as they are special memories not to be shared with the world.

No comments: