Monday, November 17, 2008

Cole Deggs (is lonesone no more)

Hey all,
Ok, so this evening I logged onto my computer and I was sooooo thrilled to read a message from Cole Deggs!!! Do you know how long I have waited for him to surface? Cole just loves to hunt and fish and it took him a little while to find his way out of the woods and stay long enough to make some new make music. We have been waiting and watching.

This is great news for those of you that have been fans of Cole Deggs and the Lonesome, and if you aren't a fan of Cole's as yet -- check him out. I still play his last CD so much that I swear it has developed groves like my old records did.

Cole is a talented songwriter/musican. He is a romantic at heart though he may not admit it, but I've never asked him--I am just good at reading between the lines. Besides penning his own songs, he has songs recorded by Kenny Chesney, Jason Michael Carroll, Tracy Byrd, and Andy Griggs to his credit.

I am so thrilled to hear that Cole is recording some of his new music (hmmmmmm, I said that already, but I am saying it again, because I am sooooo thrilled -- get my drift?). I can't wait to put more groves into a new CD of his and hopefully attend a few concerts.

This picture is of Cole from his last CD cover:



The following is a message from Cole himself:

HEY EVERYBODY...IT'S BEEN A LONG YEAR AND I'M JUST COMING UP FOR AIR.

FIRST OF ALL THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR MAKING THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS THE MOST MEMORABLE EVER FOR ME. SECOND OF ALL LET ME CATCH YOU UP TO WHERE I'VE BEEN AND WHAT'S GOING ON.

I AM STILL IN NASHVILLE WRITING SONGS AND WORKING ON A NEW ALBUM. I HAVE A NEW PUBLISHING DEAL WITH DIAMOND EYE MUSIC AND I HAVE ALSO BEEN IN AND OUT OF THE STUDIO FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS. FINALLY I AM CREATING A NEW MYSPACE PAGE FOR MY MUSIC. I WILL BE SHUTTING THIS SITE DOWN AT THE END OF THE YEAR. (referring to his old myspace)

YALL COME CHECK IT OUT!!!

THIS IS NEW MUSIC I HAVE CREATED AND I WILL BE UPDATING THE SITE AND CHECKING IT REGULARLY. I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU AND I WILL BE RESPONDING AS MUCH AS I CAN. THIS ISNT A SITE RUN BY A RECORD LABEL. I WILL BE CHECKING IT OFTEN AND I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU.

YOU CAN FIND ME AT: www.myspace.com/coledegges

COME LISTEN TO SOME NEW TUNES AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. I CANT THANK YOU AGAIN.
GOD BLESS,
COLE

footnote: Please note that Cole's last name is now correctly spelled Degges.

Take a listen to Cole HERE

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am SO HAPPY to see this wonderful news!!! I can't wait to hear the new music!!! COLE ROCKS!!!!!! *HUGS*!

Janna said...

oh wow! this is great..I saw him when he was in Grand Rapids last year.. Cant wait to check out the myspace page! (at work.. no can do)

happy Wednesday!