Wednesday, November 26, 2008

THANKSGIVING!! Be Thankful -- For What???

So tomorrow is Thanksgiving. You say be thankful--for what???

With the way things are going in this world right now--the money everyone has lost, the jobs lost, the sickness, the devastation due to fires and hurricanes etc, what do you we have to be thankful for?

My view is thankful FOR ALL THINGS and that things are not worse than they are!

Be thankful for your pulse, that you woke up, that you took a breath, that you can see and hear and walk--thankful that you have a job, family, friends, a computer!! You get my drift -- be thankful for all things. If we did not have the rain, we would not appreciate the sunshine.

As my sister says “Some say the glass is half full, some say half empty, I say be thankful that we have a glass. That glass means there is hope and possibilities.”

You got that right!

I want to take this time to say thank you to the Lord for being my rock, for the things He has done and continues to do on a daily basis. Thank you for my family and our health. Thank you to my friends who make my life even more joyful --especially to those of you that have extended yourself above and beyond (you know you who you are and I love you!)

Whether you spend Thanksgiving with family, friends, or by yourself -- take some time to reflect upon what you have to be thankful for --and the give thanks to the Lord above for making it all possible and to those who have blessed you on earth.

Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving Day and weekend!

Hugs!

2 comments:

Janna said...

Hi Sweetie..

I have lots to be thankful for. When I was young, my sister (age 10 at the time - 2 years older than me) was taken from me in front of my eyes (hit and run - we were walking home after school one day) and I had to break the news to my mother, who was waiting for us to come home after school. This was back in 1981 - still a vivid memory. Anyhow, the man who ran her over is still in the same town, and low-and-behold, he ran into my YOUNGER sister (still alive) and she figured out who he was and she was angry that he was "free". (my younger sister was one year old as the time)And really - my thoughts are that he has had to live with the face that he killed an innocent kid walking home from school for 27 years, punishment enough I'd say. Do I wish things were different? You bet! But she is with our Savior, and honestly, I dont know if she would have grown up to have a relationship with the Lord. Maybe God knew it was the right time so HE could have her forever?? Just a thought to ponder.

So for me, I am thankful for my children.. so very very thankful.

God bless your Thanksgiving, CathyAnne!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for God's gift to us as sinners. Death on a tree,nails and pain and suffering for ALL of us.

I am thankful for my mother who is one of the greatest friends on this earth.

I am thankful for my girlfriend/soon to be wife. She is amazing and beautiful! She has helped me out of my darkness and showed me The truth in God's word and Showed me love and kindness that no one has ever done. She seen my true colors and made them brighter. *Thank you my love!*

I am thankful for a new and brighter day! I am thankful for a wedding that is now going to happen on Dec.23th