Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sugarland Concert in NYC


I wanted to share with you an email I received from a young woman named "Measles" (permission to do so was granted). She won tickets to yesterday's Sugarland Concert in New York City.

If you don't know who Sugarland is, you need to get out more given all the awards they have won over the last few years. And, if you know who Bon Jovi is, Jennifer Nettles (the female half of Sugarland) sang the duet with John in "Who Says You Can't Go Home" (the unofficial NJ theme song).

Well, I'll let Measles tell you in her own words about her experience:
(I love to hear about other's adventures--thank you for sharing with me/us Measles)

On November 18, 2008 I attented Sugarland's concert taping for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City. The band sang three songs (Already Gone, All I Want To Do, and Settlin') that will be shown on CBS Thanksgiving Day.

Both Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush have such amazing energy and appreciation for their fans. In between the songs, camera adjustments and sound checks, they interacted with the 250 fans who were able to take part in the concert. They both have amazing voices and are so humble and kind. I was able to stand in the third row and get an autograph from Kristian! I'm so grateful that I got to take part in this event, and I wish the band a great amount of luck for their future.
-- Measles

------------------------------
After-thought... oh ummmm by the way, they are both from A-town deep in the heart of Dixie :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh wow!! How cool!!!!!!!!!!! :) I can't wait to watch the parade...I just love it!!!!!!