Saturday, November 22, 2008

Lunch with the Girlies

Just a little update for today -- Well, it is freezing out there today, but I had to venture out to meet up with and have lunch with one of my groups of girlies. We spent half the day at Applebee's and took up two tables. The waiter was very patient with us since we held his table hostage all afternoon. The conversations ran the gamit from new haircuts to cruises and table decor for the upcoming Thanksgiving celebrations (and it ran amuck somewhere in between). TDaisy, I hope you are feeling better and sorry you had to miss the lunch today--Hugs.

To the cast of characters -- Marg, Bren, Weezy, Denise, Nancy, and Elena -- thank you for a great afternoon of laughter, chat, and good food. Denise, get that calendar out and pencil-in the next girlie afternoon.

Nancy, since you didn't have any dessert, and I know your favorite, enjoy a Cookie :)


On another note, Miss Marple, I am sorry I can't attend your Christmas party this year. Thank you so much for the invitation--though I think it is going to be wonderful--but I am just not able to join you. I will be attending a special concert that day in Texas which was made possible by the generosity of a very special friend. I will be blogging about it so check back here in mid-December.

Well, catch ya later guys..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, just a little blurb from Denise. Yes, we had a great time at our girlie lunch. Great food, company and laughs. And you definitely can say that the conversastion went beyond your average talk! It's okay, girls! We're not shy! We will be the talk of Applebees for years to come! Have a great Thanksgiving everyone and I will be sure to mark my calendar for our next get-together. Luv you all, Denise.