Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Richie Fields -- Country Artist/Songwriter

Well, I have some exciting news to share. I had the privilege of “meeting” an up and coming country artist/songwriter earlier this year when I was looking for a new artist to interview for the magazine. I asked the Lord to direct me to the right one. I was directed to two specific artists, one being Richie Fields and the other being Sweetwater Jade (I'll fill you in on those girls later).

During the interview, Richie’s heart and dedication was something I picked up on immediately. His reason for singing and pursing his career was motivated by the loss of a dear friend many years earlier. He is a strong man with a tender and compassionate heart. His voice is mature voice with a great vocal range.

Well, I am thrilled to say that Richie Fields now has two singles off of his CD "Man Enough To Cry" that have grabbed the attention of the industry.
(Photo Credit Amy Jones)

The following is a press release which I am sharing with you:

Nashville, TN (November 17, 2008) -- Richie Fields' swampy country rocker, "Devil In The Mirror," lands on deejays' desks today via CDX Volume 461.

The second single release from Fields' upcoming CD, MAN ENOUGH TO CRY, "Devil In the Mirror" kicks off with a Southern Rock-era guitar that sets the mood for this mid-tempo reflection by a man who's fighting the devil inside.

Music Row's Robert K. Oermann says: "His wide-ranging singing voice is sturdy, the down-and-out lyric is excellent and the doom-y arrangement is appropriately menacing. Richie's 'Man Enough to Cry' debut single won a Disc of the Day award last May. This confirms his promise." Richie rips and roars through the track, and he should make hit songwriters Larry Williams, Kim Williams and Wayd Battle proud in the process.

Fields' "Man Enough To Cry" video was added to GACTV.com last week, and made an impressive 10-point jump to move to the #12 spot on Y'ALLWIRE with over 17,000 views. The popular online destination's current Top 15 includes heavyweights Sugarland, Toby Keith, Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatts.

Visit RICHIE'S MYSPACE to hear his new single.

Advance copies of MAN ENOUGH TO CRY are available now from iTunes, CDBaby and Amazon.

------------------
OK now, back to me (that's a saying that someone special always says LOL and I thought of it just now, so anyway...) Well, Richie is currently hitting the hot spots on the East Coast and will be at the Rainbow Road, 930 Middleway Pike Inwood West Virginia 25428, the weekend of November 21st & 22nd. Shows start @ 10 PM both nights!

On SATURDAY night only, Richie will be giving away a FREE Music DVD of his CD "Man Enough To Cry", which is doing well on "GACTV. com" & "YALLWIRE.com", to EVERYONE who wears a Richie Fields T-shirt, or buys a T-shirt or CD at Rainbow Road.
Call in and reserve a table - they are filling up fast: 304-725-3540!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the song 'Man Enough to Cry'...it makes me cry!! :) I have an autographed Richie Fields CD...it is great!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cathy Anne, now I have a new country artist to listen to! 'Man Enough to Cry' is an awesome song (made me cry:)!!

Deb

Janna said...

I have yet to hear this one.. I will do this when I get home! Thanks CathyAnne. What would we do without you?? ;)