Saturday, December 6, 2008

Brian Head Welch - KORN

(photo credit Trey Hill/Dallas)

Ok, so if you can't tell that I've been touched by the website I AM SECOND, then you haven't been reading my blog LOL -- Well, I can't force ya, I can only write it :)

I believe this site is going to be instrumental in a "Movement". So, I wanted to share one of the other video stories with you because I have heard about the change in this guy over the past few years and his tale is another one worthy of praise to our Lord.

So, do you know anything about the metal rock group KORN? The are very successful, extremely popular, and Grammy-award winning. More likely than not, your kids know the group and possibly have Korn songs on their IPod. Dare I say it without getting all sorts of hate mail, but Korn is an extremely "dark" band whose lyrics are filled with pain, anger, hate, profanity, revenge, sex etc. Sadly, a lot of kids today can relate to their lyrics because there is so much evil and pain in this generation. Anyway, I digress...

Brian "Head" Welch was a founding member of Korn and was its lead guitar player. Until, that is, he met Christ. Jesus transformed Brian's heart and life and delivered him from drugs. Brian has been saved for a while now and is outspoken about his relationship with the Lord. You can see video interviews and a CNN Report about his conversion on youtube. He has also written a book called "Saved From Myself" and tells his compelling story on the I Am Second website.

I want to address some comments before they come (I've heard them), because so many people are "religious" or put Jesus in a box, or Christians in a box, they do not see behind the "human costume" that we wear and do not look at our heart--which is what God sees. I ask you in advance to look beyond Brian's "human shell" into his heart (a little heart-throscopy) and I think you will be blessed. We are all a "work in progress" and taking that first step is the crucial one. Do you remember taking that step? Or haven't you?

I also ask that if you haven't taken a look at the I Am Second website, check it out and check out the resources it has available.

You can view Brian's story HERE

Catch ya later, gonna get some hot chocolate :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cathy, again, thanks for stopping by my site, in connection with my post on I AM Second.

Head's first song off his Save Me From Myself album - Flush - is a VERY powerful message to youth mixed up with drugs and alcohol, ending with a plea to change. You can see the video here on his MySpace page - but be forewarned - it targets the mainstream and a couple parts are a little on the edge for most religious folks, unless you keep in mind the target audience.

Hmmm... Hot Chocolate and Flush...eclectic combo. ;-)