Saturday, December 27, 2008

Wow Michael Castro you blew me away! (Jason Castro's brother)



So, if you read my blog you know that I am a Jason Castro fan. When I was in Texas for his recent concert, I had the opportunity to meet Jason's brother Michael. Michael is cut from the same cloth as Jason -- sweet, genuine, respectful, and blessed with talent.

Michael Castro is a contestant on American Idol Season 8 which begins in January 2009 (just around the corner). Nobody knows how far Michael has gone in the process because American Idol issues "gag orders." So make sure you watch to see what the show has in store for Michael.

This week Michael created a Myspace page and uploaded one song he was playing around with. I was blown away because what I heard was so unexpected. Michael presents himself as reserved and a little shy, but his singing is very confident. He has a wonderful and unique quality and texture to his voice which is important when you are trying to stand out in the crowd and become recognizable. I'd say Michael tries to go for unique and different in the hair department too (no, he doesn't have dreads)

Take a listen to his song HERE and tell me what you think. If you are on Myspace, befriend him and help to build up his fanbase. This boy definitely is going places. (who knows if AI is the ticket, but it's not the only ticket in town either).

God bless you Michael.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean...I absolutely love Michael's song