Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mini recap of my Jason Castro concert trip

Ok, so now that I am back, I can post a mini recap of the trip to Texas for Jason Castro's concert with Patti LaBelle. It was a benefit concert (read about it below).

Something I never realized until a few years ago is that every artist has a group of dedicated "supporters/fans" that help to make make that artist known. There is always a volunteer group working in the background. Those supporters also develop friendships along the way (and that is the best part).

I have never been (and still am not) a fangirly type. I do not put anyone on a pedestal because they are in the limelight. I have come to appreciate an artist or two and give some of my time to support them in reaching their dreams. Like I said before, it's about the person for me and I have my criteria.

That being said, here is a mini recap of this weekend in supporting Jason Castro and meeting a multitude of other supporters/fans:
Friday - get together; Saturday - luncheon, cocktail party, concert; Sunday - (missed going to the church building, but my Jesus was praised), Benefit Bookfair, lunch with the girls, Dallas v. Giants (in Dallas). Along the way, I was able to meet and talk to several of the performers and be about my Father's Business.

On the plane home I began reading a book recommended by Jason Castro called "Irresitible Revolution" which is focuses on putting your faith in action by being a servant to help others as Jesus calls us to do. (In a nutshell, "shine your light and lead the way")

Ok, so LOL there you have it .. and that's all you're getting -- other than I had such a great time meeting up with friends (new and old) and getting to meet Jason and family again. (for me, I always am blessed when I meet others that have surrendered to Christ and put Him first in their lives --no matter who they are. I met lots of "Seconds" this weekend).

Attached are just a few pictures (thanx Glo and Sal):



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CathyAnne.. i love your post. It is amazing how for Jason has come, and how far he has yet to go. I wll try to get that book soon.

Merry CHRISTmas, girl.