Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Day After Christmas!

Well, the hustle and bustle of preparing for Christmas is gone, but the spirit remains alive in my heart. And, I get to enjoy a few more days with my family during the Christmas week. I love visiting with my family. (of course, I don't know if the feeling is completely mutual-- but I think it is :)

I only have limited access to the computer right now so I will post more when time allows. Most importantly though, I want to thank God for my family, their health, and allowing me to spend this special time with them. Time passes by so fast -- it really only seems like yesterday (people always say that, but it is oh so true) that my boys were opening up their Star Wars spaceships at Christmas. Those moments remain precious in my heart (spending special time with them) and I will remember them at different ages throughout their years.

Side note...I can remember a year or so ago when I was in excruciating pain sitting in the emergency room trying to deal with it until I was tended to (yeah, ending a sentence with a preposition is a no, no --oh well). I went off by myself in a corner, crouched down and closed my eyes in an attempt to endure the most horrific pain I have ever experienced (yes, right up there with childbirth). Thoughts of my children when they were about 3 and 8 came into my mind and it helped me to keep my mind off the pain. Very strange where our minds take us at unexpected times.

Before I run, I wanted to share this really beautiful card sent to me by Margaret. It was special and I just had to share it. Enjoy it HERE.

Hoping most of you also had this day off as part of your Christmas holiday and wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Catch ya later,
Jesus bless

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, the feeling is mutual :)