Friday, December 19, 2008

The Issues of the Day ... Snowstorm, Broken Phone etc

Well, snow began pummeling us this afternoon for a double digit snowfall by this evening. I arrived home, pulled into the driveway and the car got stuck. I didn't want to burn the rubber off the tires so I left it where it was --it wasn't bothering anyone there.

Next, I needed to make car arrangements to take me to the airport in the morning and I dropped my cell phone causing it to split into bits. OUCH! Stupid me! I don't think I saved all those phone numbers someplace else and I don't think my phone has a SIM card. I need to get a new phone this weekend!

So, in an effort to make the car arrangements, I tried the home phone, but now my home phone receiver battery was no longer taking a charge! Now what!? This is not fun being "stranded" without communication. But, alas, I have my computer... ah ha!

Well, thanx to wonderful neighbors and family, I did some phone conference calling from the speaker phone which I could access if someone called in and conferenced me.
I made the car arrangements and then found out my flight was cancelled due to the snowstorm. So, I needed to make a lot of phone calls tonight. Thank you to those that helped me out!

I spoke with the airline and they have NO other open bookings until Christmas Day!! Father in heaven, that does not work! Though I trust you Lord, I will go with your plan, but if you see to it, please move heaven and earth to get me another plane.
--------------------------------

So, Thank you Jesus! He did just that--move heaven and earth that is! I have a seat on another flight. I don't like that fact that I have to go to another airport an hour and a half away, but beggars can't be chosers and God did move heaven and earth for me afterall--so picky I am not! (also, I live by Romans 8:28 -- so we're good :)

--------------------------------
I also wanted to say thank you Jesus for saving my friend Greta's life yesterday. She was in a car accident that totaled her car. Her car went UNDER a log truck and it was "compacted." Everyone that sees the car does understand how anyone was able to survive the crash. Well we know, don't we. Praise God for keeping His hand on his daughter and protecting her. Greta is sore and has several stitches in her jaw, but she is alive and knows God has a plan for her life. Thank you Lord for this miracle. Greta is a very precious sister and I am so thankful she is still with us!

Well, I am going to finish wrapping my Christmas gifts and get some hot chocholate!
Catch ya tomorrow.

No comments: