Friday, December 5, 2008

The Lesser Light -- poem by Connie Wyatt



Most of my thoughts and posts this week focused on Shining Your Light and being Second (and Jason Castro). In that vein, it reminded me of a poem written by my friend Connie which she dedicated to another woman she had the priviledge of knowing. I felt it was appropriate to share while we are basking in the "Sonshine" (and, I did get permission to share it with the world).

Connie definitely Shines Her Light--it is reflected in her countenance. Imagine a picture of her and Jason Castro together---you’d need sunglasses the Light would be so bright! p.s. and I’ve seen it :)

Be blessed!

------------------
The Lesser Light
by Connie Wyatt


His splendor is like the sunshine.
I’m the lesser light.

He is like a glorious morning,
I am as the moonlit night.

The sun in all its glory
calls all of nature to awake.
But even in the nighttime,
another light God did joyfully make.

A light that reflects the glory
of the One who did create,
all things, great and small.
Though not as bright as the sunshine,
Its light is sufficient to lead us home.

So glad I am to be –
The lesser light
for all the world to see.
For to be a reflection of His glory,
is everything I hope to be.

1 comment:

victor said...

Tomorrow I am having a blessing ceremony at my new studio. The official blessing will be done by our Pastor. I've been trying to find that just right feeling in a prayer that speaks to the gratitude I feel for having this new space and I've found it but it also speaks to the greater gift of creation that each of us share. Thank you for this valued thought.
Brian McLachlan