Sunday, December 21, 2008

My airport wait with Joey -- kinda reminded me of Dierks Bentley

So, with all the news reports of the three local airports being crippled and people being stranded due to canceled flights, I wasn't going to be late for the replacement flight I was able to secure. My car remained stuck in the snow, so a car service picked me up at 2pm for my 7pm flight. Mind you, the airport was only about an hour and a half away, but I wasn't taking any chances with the condition of the roads and the crowds at the airport etc.

I am still reading the book recommended by Jason Castro, "Irresistible Revolution", so I got a chance to get in several chapters. I am really enjoying this book. The zeal of the author is coming through in every page and I really like his style of writing. (He writes kinda like me with parenthesis of extra thoughts here and there LOL). The more important message of the book is stepping out of your "churchianity" (that's my word, but it fits here) and actually being more as Jesus calls us to be--like Him--really walking the walk. (Message to Jason Castro -- I can see why you chose this book and I know your heart is in service as well -- thank you for "leading the revolution.")

Since I was at the airport for half a day (and my plane was delayed), I met this really sweet guy who was gracious enough to let me chew his ear off for several hours. He too was there early for the same flight. (Hey Joey, hope you got home safe and have a great Christmas!) So, Joey is in school studying performing arts in NYC and was headed home for the Christmas break. He reminded me a little of Dierks Bentley and had the same length and curly hair kinda like Dierks did before he shaved it off in the video for "A Long Trip Alone" (gotta watch the whole video to see it--below) and in "Every Mile a Memory."



Anyway, it was interesting that Joey and I had a number of things in common and actually could talk about several different topics. (Well, I can talk a lot and he is a good listener LOL -- but I promise, he talked too). (Thank you Joey for making a long wait enjoyable.)

Well, I am off to finish some Christmas shopping -- it makes much more sense to buy here than have to ship or carry everything down with me (yes, I am south of the Mason-Dixon line -- where my heart is).

I have a lot of things planned this week so I will be popping on and off -- my first agenda is to GET A NEW PHONE! Decisions, Decisions -- so many choices.

Have a blessed day,
HUGS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you bundle AT&T, you can save some bucks and get a cool walkman phone like me and be able to call me for free anytime!