Friday, January 9, 2009

American Idol has a New Judge - Kara DioGuardi

Well, it's time again for the new season of American Idol. I know a lot of people the in music industry do not like American Idol for this reason or that, but there are a lot of good things about the show (which I have previously discussed).

I enjoy the variety shows from years gone by. I enjoy wholesome TV that the whole family can watch. (I don't like the term "Idol" and I don't put anyone on a pedestal but my Jesus.) I like the idea that someone blessed with talent is given the opportunity to use their gift (how to use it depends if they ask the Lord or not -- some do).

So, this Tuesday night on Fox at 8pm (EST) Season 8 will begin. I have watched since Season 1 (but actually only ever voted for Bucky Covington and Jason Castro -- there's something special about those boys. Many were talented, but I look into the heart -- a little "heart-throscopy"). (For the same reason I am looking forward to seeing how Michael Castro does this season, but no matter what, I believe he will go places).

This year there will be a fourth Judge added to mix things up a bit. Another female and a fiesty New Yorker (her hometown is on the border of my hometown). Her name is Kara DioGuardi. Kara is a successful songwriter who has written many of songs that you have probably have had running through your head at one time or another (no matter which genre you listen to -- I know another sentence ending with a preposition -- oh well).

A little tidbit I heard Kara tell an interviewer is that she and Paula Abdul have history in that they actually lived together for a while. When Kara was starting out, Paula took her under her wing for a while and invited her to stay with her. So, Kara is thankful to Paula for her help in the industry. It will be interesting to see the rapport between four judges.



Kara will be on David Letterman on January 12th and Regis and Kelly on January 19th if you want to catch an interview or two.

Well, I have to run so I will put up Kara's own website and you can check her out for yourself. In the piece, Kara interviews people who try to pronounce her name LOL.. She definitely was not in New York because most "New Yawkas" now how to pronounce "Dio Guardi". It's a New York thang; it's an Italian thang.

(photo credit unknown -- courtesy of Kara's website)

Check out KARA DIOGUARDI.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats really random they lived together. i wonder if the producers knew that? hey, maybe thats why they picked kara. since they knew then she would at least have chemistry with One of the judges