Monday, January 19, 2009

Kara DioGuardi and Barak Obama

I know the title of my blog seemingly eludes to the fact that there is some connection between Kara DioGuardi and Barak Obama, but in actuality, the only connection that I am aware of is that fact that they both are in my mind today.

This morning I watched Regis and Kelly on ABC and Kara DioGuardi was their special guest. I previously mentioned that us "New Yawkas" know how to pronounce "DioGuardi" and that is because the DioGuardi's have been prominent in New York history for a long time now. Focusing on the political aspect, to my recollection, there were several DioGuardi's in prominent government positions during my lifetime.

Well, I came into the room a little late in the conversation, but I believe that Regis Philbin was reading his Family Tree and showed how he was related to the DioGuardi's. So, Kara DioGuardi and Regis Philbin are actually related back there someplace. I found that interesting. In working on my high school reunion, I found out that there were several people that I was related to as well -- that I went to high school with -- and I never knew it. Small world. Glad I didn't marry any of them LOL.

------------------
Well, tomorrow is the day that President-Elect Barack Obama is inaugurated into office -- a most historical event. I understand the major accomplishment this election has made with respect to civil rights and applaud that we have made strides in that area. While I do not agree with the politics of Mr. Obama, I do respect the position of the presidency -- and I know that Mr. Obama would not be in office if my God did not have a purpose for allowing him to be seated in that chair.

That being said, I feel there is a very difficult road ahead for this country in many ways and urge us all to be diligent in praying for our country and our elected officials -- and specifically Barack Obama. How many of us specifically pray as God directs us to do so?

Lastly, as a reminder, please also pray for the Peace of Jerusalem.
Psalm 122:6
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: May they prosper who love you.

Catch ya later
God bless.

No comments: