Friday, January 23, 2009

Jason Castro -- Bucky Covington -- Cole Degges (Deggs) -- Richie Fields -- Icy Fire

Well, first of all I need to say sorry to my peeps! I have been busy with some other stuff the last two days and haven't gotten a chance to drop by and say a few words.

It's time for the annual physical, the weekly grocery shopping, trying to answer all the emails, facebook, myspace, texting, telephone calls...oh and then there is work and all the other stuff that one does on a daily basis. (Talking to my Lord and spending time in the Word is a given so I didn't mention that in the list :)

Anyway, enough about me LOL.. so..

Tonight Jason Castro is appearing in Santa Monica, California at an International Film Festival which will feature the premier of the Mexican film "Amar a Morir." After hearing Jason's beautiful rendition of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah", he was asked to record the song for the soundtrack of the film. The people at the festival are in for a treat if they never hear of Jason Castro as of yet. We are so proud of Jason for each stepping stone he takes toward his dream. The movie trailer is below if you want to take a peek.



-------------------------
There has been a buzz in the air about Bucky Covington and his upcoming USO trip. He will be performing in Kosovo and Germany the third week in February. I can't wait to see if our "shiny bass" shares any videos with us from the tour or there is a TV special in the works. On another note, we hear Bucky's new single is being discussed. There a number of songs that he already performs live that are getting good feedback so we can't wait to hear the new single choice.

-------------------------
So, today I listened to a some of Cole Degges' (f/k/a Cole Deggs) newly recorded music. One of the songs is a favorite of a friend of mine. She has been waiting and praying that Cole's song "Missin' Mississippi" would be recorded on his next CD. (Well, Miss IcyFire*, I think you just might get to hear your favorite Cole Degges song again soon). Actually take a mosey on over to Cole's myspace and check out the new stuff :)

-------------------------
On another note, Richie Fields has been climbing that stairway to success as well. His current single, "Devil In The Mirror," is being well received by radio listeners across the country. Richie has things in the works for a new recording project with producer J. Gary Smith (Smith has worked with an impressive resume of artists including Andy Griggs, Waylon Jennings, Mindy McCready, Lonestar, Darrel Singletary, Johnny Cash). I can't wait to hear the product that collaboration will turn out.

-------------------------
* On a final note, I wanted to post this beautiful picture I found on Flickr. I believe credit belongs to Timothy K. Hamilton. This picture is entitled "ICY FIRE." I am posting it and dedicating it to my friend Kimberly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for letting me know about 'my song' on Cole's myspace!!! LOL! And for that BEAUTIFUL picture!!! WOW!!! :)

Unknown said...

Have seen Jason's video from the film festival...I cannot stop watching it LOL