Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bucky Covington going on USO Tour! YIPEE


(photo credit FLCathy, courtesy of
BuckytownUSA.com -- thanx for sharing girls)





Great news out of the Covington camp (thanx to a shiny bass) is that Bucky Covington and his band are traveling to Europe for a USO Tour (we believe sometime in February)! I am so thrilled for the boys and for our troops as well. A Bucky show definitely will lift anyone's spirits. (His band consists of wonderful, dedicated, and talented musicians in their own right) (If you don't enjoy yourself at a Bucky show, I would look for a pulse).

I had the special privilege of interviewing Bucky Covington last year and I asked him about his desire to work with the USO and to visit the troops. Here is a part of that interview:

ME: "We understand that the charity you work with is the USO. Do you have any plans to entertain the troops anytime in the near future, either in the US or overseas?"

BUCKY: "That is something that I really would like to do. I would like to perform for them in the States, but I would really like to visit them overseas. I can remember when I went on the three month tour with American Idol and how it felt when I was basically cut off from my family. Well, I wasn't entirely cut off, but it was a separation. So, I know a little of how it feels to be separated from those you love and how it can affect you. My separation from family is nothing in comparison to what our men and women in the service have to deal with. They are cut off from friends and family for long periods of time in a distant place.

I want to show my appreciation for what they do for us and show them we care about them and are grateful for their dedication. So yeah, that's definitely something I want to do."


----------------------
I know this tour will be memorable for Bucky and the band. I hope the experience will deeply touch their hearts and the hearts of those that they get to meet as well.

(Gee, I can remember that before 2006, Bucky had never flown in an airplane. He sure will be adding a lot more miles to his tally with this flight.)

I know it is a little early, but I am going to pray and and ask each of you who read this blog to say a little prayer for Bucky and the boys and all join them in this this tour -- asking the Lord for their protection, their health, and guidance in all circumstances regarding this endeavor. Thank you Jesus for working all of this out.

Jesus Bless!
Safe traveling boys! Have a wonderful experience!
HUGS

No comments: