Sunday, January 25, 2009

Jason Castro at International Film Festival for Amar a Morir (Jeff Buckley)

Well, yesterday was busy, busy, busy and I could not sit and collect my thoughts to share with you. It's early today and before I get up and go, I wanted to share Jason Castro's performance at the International Film Festival and premier of Amar a Morir on Friday night.

Already there are several videos posted on Youtube from people that had the privilege of attending this special event. Thank you to those that shared those videos with us!

You know Jeff Buckley is definitely known for his rendition of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" -- and I like Buckley's version, but when I hear Jason Castro sing it, his performance touches a very special place in my heart. Jason's heart is invested and you know and feel that he is singing it to his Lord and Savior as praise. (See my interpretation of the song Hallelujah in my 12/4/08 post) (Jeff Buckley's mother herself was also touched by Jason's performance and shared her thoughts in an interview last year -- google it).

Jeff Buckley is, without a doubt, connected to the popularity of Hallelujah, but Jason Castro will definitely known for this song forever as well. Thank you Jason for praising our Lord before the world. (Jason Castro catapulted Buckley's own version to number one long after Buckley's death)

Thanx to the poster HallelujahJason1824, Jason's performance at the Film Festival is below:



Also, thanx to Winnpoober, the following is a portion of the Festival where the director of Amar a Morir discussing why they chose Jason Castro for the film's soundtrack:



and lastly, an article with pictures of the event HERE.

--------------------
Note to Figureskater930 -- "I am with ya girl"
--------------------
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. -Jude 1:20-21

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi CathyAnne

I say Amen to that and Hallelujah for Jason Castro! He's a special guy.

Thanks for blogging on this.

-Gloria