Friday, January 9, 2009

Religious Freedom Day - January 16th



Did you know that we actually still have a Religious Freedom Day? With the way everyone is so PC these days, I am surprised that it is still allowed.

Sidenote -- I am happy that I saw a poll on a secular news publication site asking whether "In God We Trust" should be removed from our money and the "No" votes were only about a 5th of the "Yes" votes. WOOOHOOO!

Ok, back to my original train of thought...So, January 16th is Religious Freedom Day each year by presidential proclamation. The goal of the Day as stated on the website is "The goal of ReligiousFreedomDay.com is to promote and protect students' religious expression rights by informing educators, parents, and students about these liberties."

If anyone really digs into their history and actually reads the laws etc, this country was founded FOR religious freedom. The pilgrims were just that "pilgrims" (look it up in the dictionary).

If you don't know it by now, I am a follower of Christ. He says "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no one comes to the Father but through me." (John 14:6) So, for me, I believe what He says and He is my Lord. I also believe that God gave us each Free Will -- the freedom to make decisions and choose for ourselves.

Many people do not chose to believe as I do and do not commit their lives to Christ, but they still have the right to chose how they see fit. That being said, just because someone choses to believe a certain way, doesn't make it the Truth. Jesus said He was the Truth. (Let's face it, if I didn't think He was the Truth, then I wouldn't have committed my life to Him -- and we all have the right to say what we think -- there ya go :)

Please check out the Religious Freedom Day website and take a look at the resources they have available for you. Let's exercise those freedoms while we still have them. (p.s. Thanx to Jeanne from NR for sharing).

Catch you guys later or tomorrow. I need to get a bite to eat.
HUGS

No comments: