Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year with Jason Michael Carroll -- and traveling with Bucky Covington

Hey all, did ya miss me? I'm sorry, but I just did not have a chance to get on the computer yesterday .... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I LITERALLY JUST WALKED THROUGH MY FRONT DOOR. My plane landed into a cold and icy place -- oh to be home :) I want to be back on vacation! (Thank you Lord for your traveling mercies).

First and foremost, have you been listening with "spiritual ears" to all the goings on regarding Hamas and Israel? We need to be fighting this battle on our knees as well as keeping watch for the return of our Lord because time is getting closer! Don't be fooled into complacency. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Pray that hearts all over the world become open to God's voice.
----------------

Since last night was New Year's Eve, I extended my stay in Atlanta in order to attend Jason Michael Carroll's concert. Jason Michael (JMC) played there last New Year's Eve as well, so I began last year and this year with him. (Special thanks to my friend Mary for again sharing NYE with me and for everything!! It was also great to see all of the HTF's that I know there -- Hugs to you all).

JMC always puts on a great show. He makes a great connection with the people in the crowd. At midnight he brings up his wife and shares the New Year celebration with her which is very special. If you know of JMC, you know that family is very important to him.

I am sure that many of JMC's fans won't be happy that he cut hair again, but it looks good. He had it shaped and blown, I don't think it can make a long ponytail anymore, but it will grow. (People are so much more than their hair or their outside costume).

Besides the songs that have topped the charts, JMC also performed several new ones that will be included on his next CD. You know I will be purchasing it!

One of new songs is "That's All I Know". Here is JMC performing it for a radio show recently.



A new song that really affected the crowd was called "Tears". Some people were crying because the lyrics hit close to home. It is a tender yet heartwrenching love story of a dad who's relationship with his daughter is limited due to divorce. JMC related to the song and you can tell he felt every word. Since the song is new, I was only able to find one video of JMC performing the song elsewhere (credit to tesswetzel). The bass in the video is loud so don't have your sound up to high (it gets better as the song goes on), but take a listen.



Side note: I vow to get a new camera because my old one just does not catch the shot and I was positioned right in front of the microphone. I do have a number of pictures on my new phone and was able to take videos on the phone too! (how cool is that!) I will do all that tomorrow sometime. I know you can't wait to see JMC's hair so I am posting one picture that actually was more than an elbow!




A friend of mine says that most people don't care about the band who backs the headlining singers. I can say that is probably true for general public, but it is not true for true fans of the artist. So, that being said, I will share some things about some of JMC's band.
First, it was great to see Trey Hill again filling in for JMC's guitarist. I got a chance to talk to him and he is a busy, busy, man these days. He knows I keep him in my prayers so God can use him. I also pray that Trey has strenghth and "runs the good race".
Timmy Galloway, guitar player, came out with a new "Timmy" style and I didn't even realize it was him at first! A little scruff and seems to have a new wardrobe or way of putting it together -- kinda "hip" (yeah, I'm old school on occasion). He is still the same precious guy. (He saw me standing there while everyone was talking to him and leaned over and gave me a hug -- what a sweetheart).
Also part of the JMC band are Jason Eller (so many Jason's LOL) on keyboards and Shaun Smith on guitar.
Filling in on drums was Josh Turner's drummer -- oh geez, I forgot his name -- if anyone knows, let me know.

------------------
Bucky Covington is good at connecting with his fans through videos (usually with a comedic theme). He just posted part one of his travel adventure to give us a glimpse of what he and the band experience as they travel to the next venue location to perform. I guess it's a good thing that Bucky's usual mode of transportation is his tour bus (which means he gets to play X-Box and relax a bit so he isn't always stressed).

Enjoy part one of the video. You will see some of his band members in it (others are behind the camera). LOL you will see Ducky most likely was trying to call his precious wife (not a pizza order LOL). If you do not know how to tell Bucky and Rocky (twins) apart, Rocky has his hair down for part of the video. I will post part two when it emerges. Enjoy.

24 hours - Part I

No comments: