Saturday, January 10, 2009

In a Keith Green mood (Last Days Ministries)

It is freezing here today in New York. The snow was falling and it was so beautiful to watch it gently drift to the ground. (Did you know that every single flake is unique--just like us? -- God made us both). Several inches of snow have accumulated, but I haven't watched the weather report so I don't know the amount. I got this really great robe and slippers for Christmas --my favorite color--RED--and oh soooo warm. So, after running errands and cleaning the car and my walkway, it was great to curl up in my robe and slippers with a cup of hot chocolate and sit quietly.

Have you ever sat quietly and thought of the awesomeness of our God--our creator? Have you ever been so flooded with love in your heart that you can't help, but love back? That is the feeling that I get when I think of my Lord and Savior. Well, that intensifies so much when I hear or sing songs by Keith Green--and that is what I did today. I'm in a Keith Green mood -- translated means that, like Keith, I am in awe of my Lord and humbly bow before Him and bask in His glory.

When I was presented with the facts that Jesus wanted me to surrender my life to Him because He bought me by His blood (THANX JEANNE!), it was something that I knew I needed to do--so I did. I thought just going to church was enough -- I was so blind in my thinking. Finally, I accepted my personal gift of salvation -- in 1976 (sometimes I think 1975, but it was definitely 1976).

Well, Keith Green had a huge impact on my walk with Christ. Keith was a dynamite, on-fire, totally committed, humble, and passionate follower of Christ. It just so happens that he was also a recording artist, but one that called you into a deeper relationship with God and he lived the example. I never met Keith in person, but I did participate in the ministry that Keith and his wife Melody ran (Last Days Ministry) and it strengthened my own walk with Christ. (Keith and Melody with both Jewish but had come to realize and believe that Jesus was their Messiah and gave their lives totally to Him.)

Keith and Melody both "walked the walk" not just "talked the talk." Their lives spoke volumes and their hearts overflowed with the love God infused into them.

Keith and two of their younger children (almost babies) were killed in an airplane accident on a mission trip in 1982. Melody raised their other children and carried on the ministry which have impacted the lives of countless here and in other other countries by their compassion including saving souls, teaching, feeding the hungry, and providing for orphans.

Well, all that "introduction" is just because I am listeing to Keith Green songs today (and can't help singing along) in worship to my King. I wanted to share a few of them with you also. Mind you, the videos you are going to see are from the mid 70's when life was very different. (To coin a phrase from Bucky Covington, "It was a Different World".) So, the hair and clothes are a little different from today. In fact, I can't wait for my younger son to see the videoes because when he sees Keith Green's hair, he will finally know that "that" hairstyle WAS POPULAR back then! :)

I hope you too enjoy Keith Green and if you get time, please visit Last Days Ministries to read their biographies and how they have touched lives and still do. I pray that he touches your heart the way he does mine and brings tears of love to your eyes for God, our Lord.

Make My Life a Prayer To You:


Love Broke Through:


Create in Me A Clean Heart:


Interview with Keith:


If you want more Keith Green videos, you can click on the thumbnails under the video after a video finishes.

No comments: