Friday, January 16, 2009

Plane Down in Hudson River, Bucky Covington, Jason Castro, Michael Castro -- Oh My

Well, today was another frigid temperature experience here in the northeast. Just taking the trash to the curb caused my fingers to go numb and begin to feel pain. Thank God that I don't work outside and that I do not have to wait outside to take the train into the City.

I saw people bundled up and people that were not wise enough to wear appropriate clothing. It is really important to dress warm and stay dry when you go out in frigid temperatures. Some people may not even know of the possibility of experiencing Frostbite for exposure to freezing temperatures. Frostbite occurs when the tissues freeze and cause damage (nose, fingers, toes etc). It starts with that pins and needles tingling and can increase to a severe damage of the tissues. It is kind of like when you leave meat or chicken in the freezer and it comes out with that yucky freezer burn and you have to throw it away. My father had damage from frostbite he had gotten while serving in the military in WWII experiencing severe winters during his tour.

For those of you in the Sunny parts of the country and the world right now that can't even begin to fathom my comments LOL oh pooh! I hope you appreciate your weather, because we are wanting some of it.

Well, a lot of things have been swirling around in my head today -- Definitely how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family, all the news about what is being called the miraculous landing of the airliner in the Hudson River yesterday (and how people were praying with one another on board during the minutes before and after impact), all of the emails I have received about Bucky Covington's recent performances in Las Vegas and his upcoming shows, goings on of Jason Castro and Jason Michael Carroll, the buzz all over the web about Michael Castro's audition on American Idol, and the upcoming Inaguration and the Inaugural prayer.

Since there are so many topics running thru the brain today, I will refrain from concentrating on one in particular because it is late and it is cold, and tomorrow is another day (Lord willing).

I was told tonight that someone was waiting for me to write the blog and has been looking out for it today and it has not appeared as yet LOL. I'm sorry it's late, but I'm putting it up before midnight--so we're all good :)

I was also asked today why I write about music and musicans, well first off it is because I love music. But, I've gotten to the point in my life where I really don't care to listen to someone's music if they are not a person with values. I am saddened for those with "tudes" or are "divas", or that let money and their success go to their heads, and those who are not appreciative. Being successful at singing or playing music may make someone a celebrity, but in my book, they are just a person with a different career choice (albeit who makes lots more money), but they are definitely not worthy of being treated like a god--respect, yes--worship, no.) (My God shall have no gods before Him.) I do appreciate their being put into a position of influence that they can use for God's glory if they are willing (and when they do, I like them even more) and I do enjoy meeting them and being about my Father's work. I know He has caused me to be in certain situations.

Oops, well, guess what -- I sat here so long, it is after midnight in New York and so I missed my Friday night deadline. So, I am posting this as is right now and going to bed!

Thank you Lord for saving all passengers and crew on the airliner that landed in the Hudson River yesterday. I ask that you speak to the hearts of those who were on board and draw them closer to you--let them know you have a purpose for their lives.
Amen.

Night all. Catch ya tomorrow.

(p.s. I will spellcheck and redo grammar tomorrow LOL)

No comments: