Thursday, January 8, 2009

TRENT WILLMON NARRATES CHILDREN’S BOOK - The Knock-Kneed Cowboy



I received a press release today regarding Trent Willmon and I wanted to share it. For those of you who may not know who Trent is -- "google him." I really like Trent -- he is a "real cowboy" in my book. I got the chance to interview him in 2008 and he was gracious and a gentleman.

Take a peek at one of my favorite videos of his (no matter what genre of music you like, I think you will be blessed) -- watch "There is a God".

Trent is busy doing so many different things -- from his singing/songwriting, his BBQ sauce and cookbook, movies etc. -- and now Trent narrates a children's book written by his mother.

Rather than reword the press release, I will share it as is. You can also Order a copy on the author's website Empowering For Change and read a little more about Trent Willmon HERE.


TRENT WILLMON NARRATES A CHILDREN'S BOOK

Multi-talented country music artist Trent Willmon just added children’s book narrator to his long list of accomplishments. Trent lends his voice to the reading of The Knock-Kneed Cowboy: A Tale of Being “Just Right”…Just As We Are. Written and illustrated by Willmon’s mother, Billie Willmon Jenkins, The Knock-Kneed Cowboy is a story for kids and anyone whose self acceptance could use a boost.

Jenkins wrote the story for her sons when they were children and recently self-published the work. “Most people’s beliefs about their worth come from others’ opinions of them. I was determined that kids know that they don’t have to let others’ ideas about them become their own. I see the book as an adventure in self-acceptance and I’m delighted that Trent agreed to record this book. Even kids who are not terrific readers will be motivated to read along with Trent and will grasp exactly what I intended for them to.”

“I love the book,” Willmon says. “It was taken from a story Mom made up for my brother and me when we were kids. Casey is a knock-kneed cowboy who wants to be bow-legged like all his peers. When the book starts out, you think it’s just for elementary-school kids. But as you read on, you realize it’s a parable about all of us who feel ‘different.’ It’s a message – and a fun tale – for all ages.”

As Willmon reads the story, available on a three CD set, he becomes characters like Honey - a fifth-grade girl, Grandpa, Troubles - a bad-luck cow dog and Gus - the fairy god-frog.

“I’ve enjoyed Trent’s vocal power on his CDs and in his concerts; I can hardly wait to hear him read Knock-Kneed Cowboy. Reluctant readers and those of us who spend a lot of time in the car will love the opportunity to listen to him read this book,” one fan stated.

Jenkins is offering a special through January 12: Order the combination of The Knock-Kneed Cowboy in print and the 3 CD audio set for $27.97 which includes shipping. The audio alone is $23.97 through January 12. Regularly $19.97 (book) + $25.97 (audio). Orders can be placed on her website: http://empoweringforchange.com/trent-willmon-records-3-cd-album/

No comments: