Thursday, January 15, 2009

Michael Castro -- Yeah for You! (American Idol, Jason Castro's Brother)

Well, last night's American Idol added a number of really good contenders to the race. I can see several of the contestants chosen last night finishing with opportunities before them.

There were surprises along the way in that the voices came out of certain people that you would have never imagined. It was like when America heard Clay Aiken sing for the first time. If these contestants go the distance, AI will transform each from average guy or girl into a celebrity. (There's both some good and bad in that aspect of it, but if the person is grounded, they should be able to deal with it ok).

I so wanted Danny Goekey to advance to the next round and he did. (Yeah Danny!) Danny recently lost his wife and was still experiencing the suffering and grief. I wanted to reach out and hug him and let him know that God loved him and America will love him too. Danny sang "I Heard It Through the Grapevine". I'm hoping he continues through the ranks.

Of all the contestants, you already know I was anxious to see our "special brother" Michael Castro. (the brother of Jason Castro). Michael did not disappoint. Michael is genuine and really a great guy. His voice has a distinct and edgy quality to it and I am excited to see how God will use him. (though we may never actually know, I believe he definitely will be used.)

I loved the interaction between Jason and Michael. This family is FUNCTIONAL and loving and truly love one another and the Lord. This family "walks the walk". I saw that Michael was wearing the other half of a heart necklace which means that his girlfriend (Miss M) must be wearing the other half. That made me smile, because in Michael's comment about Jason being more emotional LOL, the necklace jumped out at me and reminded me that Michael too is tender and sweet.

Well, I hope Michael made it through, but it's all up to God's plan.

If you check out my blog a few days or weeks prior to this one, you will see that Michael has already changed his hairstyle. (I know he loves the red, but he has blonde in it now which softens him a bit and I like it). Enjoy the AI video below:


(video credit- chikaprincess)

No comments: